modicon 984

cstroud

I inherited a modicon, the processor failed and I put a new one in now I've got to configure it. No experience at all with modicon, what do I do first? The processor shows up, no I/O can't get program to load. thanks, chris

What type of software are you using, Modsoft or Prosoft?

Try calling up the program offine and looking at the "Traffic Cop" and "Config".

Also, look at the settings for the comm ports so you can set your PC up to download the program (baud, parity, etc.).

FYI: The "traffic cop" tells the 984 what modules are in which slot of the I/O racks. It has the address range for each slot (10001-10016, 00001-00016, etc.).

The Configuration tells the 984 what the size (range)of inputs, outputs, and registers. This is different from the Traffic Cop.

Modicon 984's are actually a nice processor and were at the time a very advanced processor.

Proworx nxt v 2.1,,,, Traffic cop shows i/o configured wrong. There is an old program in the new processor. I looked at the right program offline and traffic cop shows the i/o like it suppose to be. how do I get the right i/o config and program over to the processor? thanks, chris

Man, it has been awhile, but I think you have two options. One, if you are online with the new processor, you could manually change the config and traffic cop, then load the new program. Or you could pull the battery on the 984 and then try to go online and load the program.

If you are online with the 984 now I'd try option one first. At least you know you are able to talk to it.

Hope this helps. Like I say, it's been awhile.

Cstoud, you may be able to just load the config and traffic cop through the ProWorx. Poke around and see if that option is available.

thanks...got the program loaded. Something may have been forced because now none of the motors will run. Does the processor start a scan to update all the inputs and logic, or do you have to start that also. When you upload a program to you have to delete the old one first? thanks, chris

Hi,

To write the logic, traffic cop, configuration, loadables, ASCII, state and disabled tables to the PLC right-click the project in navigation panel click online commands > write > write all.

Hope this helps

Rich