Restoring project problem at Citect.

AliAli

I have installed a fresh Citect5.21 SP G on my total new PC(OS:WIN 2000Pro SP3).
I have made a backup from my running project by Citect explorer.
Then I have transfered project.ctz and citect.ini (from c:\winnt root) to new PC.I restored project.ctz and copied citect.ini file to C:\winnt root and compiled and ran it.It ran but I have realized that some of my tags had #COM sign on the screen and also I am not able to write some parameters to one of my S7 PLC!!!!
By switching to old PC(exchanging dongle and network cables)every things come into normal conditons.
Is there any other setting in PC which I must set in my new PC ???

Take care just copying the citect.ini from one PC to another.
There are a number of paths to files specified in the .ini file that may not be correct. It is good practice to develop your own section of the .ini file that you can copy and paste into the .ini
file that Citect creates for you at installation.
Now, to your problem. Citect #COMMS problems can be effected by the speed of the PC or in particular the timing of the communications. Many of Citects drivers have driver variables you can set up that may help you. For S7NT I use:
[S7NT]
MaxPending=2
EnableFloatCheck=0
Timeout=15000
Retry=2
[GENERAL]
StartDelay=60 !Delay 60 seconds to allow time for PROFIBUS to initialise

Last edited:
If you using the S7NT driver from Citect, then you must install and setup the Siemens Simatic Net Software on your new PC too.Also you must have a Simatic net licencse from Siemens (or it working in demo modus and sometimes a popup message occured..
This is the most time not so easy.

Regards,

Jochen

PS: Check the Citect Kernel. You can enable the Kernel in the citect computer setup. Sometimes it helps to perfrom the computersetup again.

Did you fix your problem? Now we have the similar problem with you, could you let me konw how you fix it. Thanks.