WinCC Flex and "In-Sight Display Control" ActiveX

smcmanus

Has anyone ever used the "Cognex In-Sight Display Control" ActiveX in a WinCC Flexible application? The exact name of the control is "cvsInsigtDisplay.ocx". It shows op in My Controls ToolBox but when I drag it to the screen it gives me errors.

Is your HMI a panel ? Or is it a PC RT ?
Dont count on that a panel can show quickly changing images such as a camera image.
What happens if you try to import the ActiveX on a project with a PC RT ?

Hi.

I know this is possibly a double post but I'm trying to see if I can stir up oldposts becuase maybe somebody got the active X working but did not put the fact back up here.

I get the following error when trying to use the lastest ActiveX from Cognex in a WinCC Flex project for a PC577b

CognexActiveX.jpg

I have worked on this problem for the last couple of months and have not been able to get it to work. I am using OPC to get info from the camera and have setup an FTP server on the PC to get the images. This works but not as good as the Active X control would be.

Could it be possible that the Active X control didn't get registered somehow on the PC. I believe they won't work if they aren't registered.

If it isnt registered, then you cannot add it to the "my controls" dialog in Flex ES in the configuration PC.
I think spawn_e_git has gotten past that bit.

Yes it is registered and shown in my controls.

I installed the latest version of Insight Explorer (V4.4.1) and the new active x was automatically registered in the WinCC toolbox.

Charles.

Can you give me some advice on how to set up the FTP server?

I do FTP the imgae across which can be viewed with a browser but with the version of camera I am using only the imaage is shown and not the reference graphics that are shown when using insight explorer.

This is a major PIA and may well make my company throw WinCC Flex in the trash and use a VB or .Net project for the HMI control.

Kindest regards

I got some help from here.

http://www.mvresource.com/index.php

Do a search over there and you will find a couple post on FTP setup. You can also use insight as an FTP server. The problem with this is Insight must be open. Cognex has a "how to" on how to do this on their web site. You can google cognex ftp server and it should show up.

I did make a little step by step for setting up the ftp server however the pdf is to large to post. If you send me a pm with your email I will send you a copy on Monday.