Max freq. of S5 DI card : 6ES5 420-4UA12

emokar

Dear Collegues,

I could not find any information about the DI card of S5 PLC (135U) with the code : 6ES5 420-4UA12

Does anybody have any info about what the maximum frequency that could be read wtih this card is?

Another question is (maybe not directly relevant to automation) , that i want to find out how i can simulate a timer-relay in an electronic card. I have made a simple LDR circuit to open/close lights of our garden, but i think switching too much could cause a problem. I need a delay or filter to avoid this. Can you suggest a simple way for this?

Best Regards,

Hello emokar;

For your first question:

From the S5-135/155U system manual (concerns 6ES5 420-4UA13/14 DI modules, but should also apply too the older 420-4UA12):

DI-420-4UA1x.jpg

On the timer relay question, how long should your delay be, and should it be programmable? We used 555 circuits with a comparator to generate an output pulse at programmable intervals. Try to find a TTL cookbook on the web, it was a great source of ideas for circuits of this type.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier