Structured text - Getting started

nettogrisen

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
Reading Hugh Jacks PLC book I would like to have a try with structured text, but I'm not sure where in RSLogix 500 I'm supposed to write all this structured text. :confused:

Do I write it in the Visual Basic Editor and then call the program from my ladder, if so then how do i call it?
Or is there somewhere else i write this?

An example would be really nice

Thank you very much

RSLogix 500 is for programming SLC 500 and MicroLogix PLCs. These PLCs are the bottom dwellers of the AB family and do not support structured text.

Enhanced PLC5s and the Control Logix PLCs support structured text. In RSLogix5 or RSLogix5000 when you create a subroutine you can define the subroutine to be a ladder routine or a structured text routine. In RSLogix5 you need to specify an enhanced processor. In RSLogix5000 you will need a version of Logix5000 that has the ST extenstions.

Last edited: