SLC 5/04 Battery

sensorman2002

When battery replacement light comes on, can this cause a communication error with an HMI touchscreen panel? I'm wondering if this causes a loss of the selected baud rate for the communications? I know you can lose the program stored if power goes out, but this has not happened yet.

It shouldn't affect comm. Only if you disconnect power after the battery is gone...

As a matter of fact, I often use the battery-low bit in the plc to indicate an alarm on the HMI so that we can deal with it before the power goes out...

No,the battery didn't affect the communication with the HMI. The purpose of the battery is to keep the last state in the CPU if the power is disconnected.

Similar Topics

I'm ashamed to admit this but I've never had to replace a battery in a SLC. Some how been able to skip that task in all my years. So yesterday...
Replies
Views
I replaced the battery on old SLC 5/04. It should have had a 30 minute charge in the capacitor when i changed it. Now when i started it back...
Replies
Views
I was at a customer's today and 2 of 3 SLC 5/03s had the Battery Light on. I showed it to the maintenance guy and asked him when the last time the...
Replies
Views
Hi group, just wondering if anyone has knowledge of how long the CPU module battery can be expected to last before throwing the LED. The machine...
Replies
Views
Where is the battery located ? Is it on the left side of the cpu hidden by the power supply? Thanks
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom