PLC Allen-Bradley Supervisory

TNT

I am studying a project of Supervisory in a PLC Allen-Bradley Micrologix 1200 (Rockwell Automation).
For supervisory I just need read and write some variables in PLC memory from a Windows PC.

How many ways I can do this?
I’ve looked supervisory with Allen-Bradley PLC just from RS View software, but for my project it wasn’t the best solution.
I am looking for a library (DLL) that can read/write PLC memory. So I can use this DLL in an application that I develop in Visual Studio or something like.

If a direct memory access DLL is not available, maybe have another DLL solution that communicates with PLC, like MODBUS, etc.

So, anyone knows a DLL for Allen-Bradley PLC access??
Thanks a lot for your help, I am newbie in Allen-Bradley PLCs.

TNT said:
I am studying a project of Supervisory in a PLC Allen-Bradley Micrologix 1200 (Rockwell Automation).
For supervisory I just need read and write some variables in PLC memory from a Windows PC.

I’ve looked supervisory with Allen-Bradley PLC just from RS View software, but for my project it wasn’t the best solution.
I am looking for a library (DLL) that can read/write PLC memory. So I can use this DLL in an application that I develop in Visual Studio or something like.

If a direct memory access DLL is not available, maybe have another DLL solution that communicates with PLC, like MODBUS, etc.

So, anyone knows a DLL for Allen-Bradley PLC access??
Thanks a lot for your help, I am newbie in Allen-Bradley PLCs.

Como Va!
Well, you need to define your problem a bit better if you want some help here. Most of what you want is available on the commercial market.

OK.

I am developing a motor bench test with a computer.
The computer sets in motion the engine by PLC that controls a Frequency Inverter. The PLC must receive the parameters from speed from a Windows GUI.

I prefer develop the entire application instead of using a commercial software.

I am looking for a DLL that can read/write PLC memory adresses. I've seen this type of DLL from others PLC manufactures, but don't find yet for Allen-Bradley PLCs.

So, I am looking for a DLL that can read/write Allen-Bradley PLC memory adresses.

Thanks for your help.

While you could probably write a DLL, you will probably be better off to use a software such as RsLinx Single Node. From there you can write your own GUI.

How do you plan on connecting the the PC to the Micrologix? Serial, Ethernet,...

I've already seen some examples with GUI in the RSlink software. For sure this is an option of solution for me.

But I am looking for alternatives solution. The DLL solution is better for me, so I can develop the software independent from Allen-Bradley software, and integraded with others softwares of my company.

I plan to connect by serial, that is easier.

Thanks.

TNT said:

After reading above posts, I wonder if you have considered using the Web Server capability that some PLC's now have.
The ML1100 being one that I know of. It strikes me that it could fit your requirements.