Siemens im361 external power?

PaperMan

Hi all,

I'm new to Siemens and looking to use an s7 with 3 racks. I have one simple question, does the im361 require external power, or does it receive power via the connecting cable to the main rack instead (which will have an attached power supply). I have looked on the Siemens web site and there are lots and lots of documents but for the life of me I cannot find the answer to the simple question.

Thanks in Advance

PaperMan

Im361

IM365jw.JPG

IM361

I would recommend if you got Profibus use ET200M interface modules instead of 360/361 combo's. Easier and cleanier...just use profibus and you don't need premanufactured cables and such.

Nick

Similar Topics

The past week we received a new piece of equipment from Germany which utilizes siemens controls. Typically in our company we use A.B. controls for...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a s7-1200 and I would like to read the tags present in this controller with my controllogix controller. The two controllers don't use...
Replies
Views
Hi need help why this “failure 5 emergency stop “ appears at every startup in the morning ? Have to shut off main switch at least 10 times on...
Replies
Views
i have two plc 1. s7-1212dc/dc/dc ip; 192.168.0.1 2. s7-1500 1513-1pn ip; 192.168.3.2 i need to get data from plc1 to plc2. any idea how to do...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone hope you'll well. Is it possible for me to download a Crack version of tia portal v13..sorry to say this but the software is very...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom