Controllogix reading OPC data

rhill

We have a potential application where we need to read data directly from 6 GSE Torque Guns. The torque guns themselves act as OPC servers and we need to get the torque data into the Controllogix processor. Does anyone know if there's a way to do it without adding an external computer to collect the data and place it in the controllogix memory?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

If you're talking about the same GSE eq. I just looked at online; you may be able to install a Profibus slave option. From there you can get a Prosoft module to talk Profibus.

Or since you know it will work on a PC but don't want to have one as another chunk of equipment to be a go-between; you could install a Prosoft PC56 in-rack PC and have it be the go-between. Hey-at least it'll be in the same chassis!

I just remembered-there's also a backplane driver available for the PC56 so once you have the OPC provided data from the torque guns, it may be possible to write that data across the CLX chassis backplane instead of through the ENET module...

Last edited: