RSView Studio ME 4.0 Regressing?

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
Tag Browsing Offline.

I have RSview ME Studio 4.0 CPR 7 with all the lastest patches downloaded and intstalled running on a WinXp Dell D620 Core 2 Duo processor.
I am on a job site, and tonight in the hotel attempted to work with the ME application offine. When I attempted to add a tag to an object, Me ground to a crawling snails pace. Trying to browse a tag in the offline project, It appears ME was attempting to access tags thinking the project was still online.
I recall this issue being present with ME V3.X a while back. Browsing offline tags took forever with this version.

Project tag browsing, Online appears to be active

offline_rsview_ME.jpg

Shut down RSView Me via Task manager, but Tag Browser still active:

rsview_me_shutdown.jpg

Last edited:
There is a proceedure to replace the RS Linx Enterprize local server info file. I do think it is a default file located in one of the folders created with the initial install. I have experienced the same bug. The Linx configuration was once configured for an offline file and the all heck broke loose when I went for tags online.. I don't remember the file name but I do know A-B offers in their free knowledge base a system batch file that will automatically replace the tag server file with the install default. Then re-assign the topic, path, and update all folders in the tag browser and your good to compile.

bitmore

Last edited:
Yes they have regressed,

a patch "DocFullNum: R134340751" from the knowledge database is
OTHER patch that must be installed

Ian