How Can I Download A Free Plc Simulator?

szulkernain

hi, i'm the newest member here. i need to have a plc simulator. i've got no idea what to download and from where. however, i need to download it for free. could any one please help me.

my project is to simulate a ready mix plant. where i need to get inputs from load cells and take decisions on measuring the weights. and to control some switches periodically. what should be the best simulator..?

Which PLC are you planning on using? If you're going to be really using a real PLC (if this is a real project, not a classroom project), then you'll want the simulator for the actual PLC you'll be using.

If all you're needing is a simulator (i.e., not a real plc), then just look up under the banner on this page... where it says "[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE"[/font]

Which PLC will you be using??

If you're going to be writing real code for a real project using a real PLC, you'll need the simulator that matches the PLC... and most likely that will not be free.

i'll be writing real code for a real project using a real plc. how do i know which plc simulator will match my project? my project description is given in the first thread.

There are significant differences between PLCs from different manufacturers. If, for example, you develop your code on a simulator for an Allen Bradley PLC and use a Siemens PLC for the actual project, you will not be able to use the code from the simulator in the project.

i've got no clue about the plc hardware platform . judging my project suggest me one to pick. may be with some details please...

Do you already have PLC experience?

Are there already PLCs in use in your location? If so, what are they? You might want to consider continuing with that platform for consistency.

Which PLCs are sold in your area? If AB isn't available, it won't make sense for us to suggest AB...

How do you desire to interface with the load cells? Will they be providing an analog signal (0-10V, 4-20ma) or will they be communicating via one of the many industrial communication protocols (if so, which one -- DeviceNet, EtherNet, Profibus, etc...)?

How many I/O points are you going to require?

There are many, many different PLCs that can do the job you outline. We need to know a lot more about your requirements and what's available before we can make a reasonable recommendation.

You should contact the PLC vendors in your area. Ask them to visit your place of business to review your application with you, suggest which PLC platform to use, and tell you how much it will cost. The price should include training and support. With that information, you select which vendor's offering best matches your needs and budget. While you are reviewing their offerings, you should contact other users in your area and find out what they like and dislike about the vendors.

As OZEE pointed out, there are many brands and models of PLC that will be capable of doing what you need. Your selection from among the choices will be influenced by how comfortable you feel with the people supplying the product. Since you are a newcomer to the field, training and support should be as important as price.

If just wanting to learn, as I suspect, then you could checkout www.thelearningpit.com. Their software and simulator is based on AB ladder programming.

If you want to try Siemens then check this: http://www.runmode.com/s7trainer.html

There are demos for both but neither is entirely free.

This site also offers a plc simulator, look in the menu above, its online interactive and free.