1747-sn to 1747-ASB BTW BTR

Ryan Dennis

I have a 4 slot rack with a AB 1747-Sn modual in it. I am trying to get analog data out of a 7 slot rack with the 1747asb in it.
7 slot rack has tha cards in it this way.
slot 0 1747-asb
slot 1 empty
slot 2 1746-ia16
slot 3 1746-ow16
slot 4 empty
slot 5 1747-ni4

we need more information ...

Greetings Ryan ...

and welcome to the forum ... first of all, please tell us more about how the “processor’s” chassis is set up ... also what type of processor (example: SLC-5/04) and what series processor and SN card you have (series “C” usually supports block transfers - others usually don’t) ... then tell us how each and every one of the 24 DIP switches on your 1747-ASB module are set ... if you aren’t sure that they’re set correctly, we can help with that too ...

Thank you I now have the btw and btr working and transfering analog data.
But now my problems is that the information is not being updated.
excample my iput is 3277 and that is what is showing up but when it changes the input register does not change unless I toggel a bit in front of the btr. I added the bit because with out it no data would come over. For quick fix I put a timer/on in a rung above the BTR
and when the timer is timing I toggel a bit in front of the BTR then using the timers done bit I reset the timer.

Here is more info on my set up.
Rack 1 4 slot with a 5/04 os 401C
and the scanner is in slot 1
Rack 2 is 7 slot with the ASB in the very first slot and the analog card in slot4 the other slots have digi in/out puts in them.

The block transfer instructions in an SLC are leading edge triggered. From what I can tell you can't configure them any other way.I have never had to use a block transfer instruction in an SLC before. I think what you are doing will work just fine if you are getting the update frequency to want. If not I think you may be able to self-trigger the BTR using the EW bit from the status word.

Keith