pid loop help

faehigkeit1

Hi everyone...I just started a new job here in south boston va at Boehler-Uddeholm. After looking through some of there plc programs they seem to be pid loop heavy. Can anyone give me advice on where to get some heads-up information on handling these monsters?
Any websites on the basics would be a great help.
They seem to be using them for tension control feedback using Carotron controllers along with lenze ac drives.
Thanks for any help
Dean

faehigkeit1 said:
Hi everyone...I just started a new job here in south boston va at Boehler-Uddeholm. After looking through some of there plc programs they seem to be pid loop heavy. Can anyone give me advice on where to get some heads-up information on handling these monsters?
I would start with the manuals. Post links to the .pdf files of the manuals so we can see too.

It would be good to know exactly what these sysetms are doing.