Siemens CP443-1 with AB SLC5/05

The Siemens CP supports socket communications which is one open method I have used in the past with other native socket devices, but the 5/05 only supports AB protocols. Another option (depending on your application) might be to use a common HMI which communicates to both processors and can "bridge" the two. The best way I have found is to put a Woodhead (SST) PROFIBUS module in the 5/05 rack and use PROFIBUS between the two CPUs. The PROFIBUS option costs about as much as a gateway and offers an easy to configure and high speed communications link. I know PROFIBUS is not the Ethernet link you are looking for but it does work good.

Thanks, mday, for your thoughtful and detailed input. Your ideas are the best ones for this application.

Because, for the original question: "No."