How to find a Bits Funktions

Hojland

Hey. I have an fault signal from a steamgenarator. This signal goes to an Input(I:2/2) on my slc5/5. The Input goes in conection with a Bit(B40:29/1)in the program. When this goes high, it shuts down the machine. But why can´t I find anything in program on B40:29/1 or I:2/2. When I search for it, this is all I get.

I am jes an old US redneck but I can work with German, if that is the language involved AND my old arse can read it.

Make this easy, get http://www.pdf995.com/ or something similar that you can print the whole program to pdf then upload it here to view.

Some of us have RSL500 and can open the RSS file but the above method allows anyone to view it.

go to B40 data table and click usage.
you should look for:
a) "X" indicating used bit
b) "W" indicating used word
c) "F" indicating used "file" (block of registers)

note that "W" and "F" are on the left side (before bits)
clicking on them should highlight whole word (16-bits) instead of single bit.
right click and choose crossrefference...

if the B40:29 is used as file, find first word of the block and do the crossref on it. you will probably find FBC instruction...