How to count Variables without getting Loop-effect in S7 ?

Diijay

I have a problem where im first counting the "Amount of paper rejected" with the internal MUL_R -Function. I get the result and store it in a DB [DB224.DBD24]. Now the problem is that how can i also use the same result the next time the MUL_R -function is executed and add the results together (possibly multiple times).

If i use ADD_R -function with IN1=[DB224.DBD24], IN2=[DB224.DBD28], OUT=[DB224.DBD24] => When the output value changes and because it´s been used also at input-side as IN1 => It executes the calculation again & again, and so on..

What i am basicly doing is that i need to count the amount of paper being rejected in a paper impregnating machine during the joint sequences, during web break, and also while changing the Stations being used.

Variables :
Speed of the line (actual value)
Width of the line
Time of paper being rejected

Now i do :)

I made a sequence out of the situation when the counting of rejected paper is done and used it to trigger the positive edge and now it works perfectly.

Thanks for the tip !