Ladder Diagrams

I'll give you some clues:

1) What have you already learned in class? Typically, homework doesn't ask about stuff that hasn't already been covered. Also, be willing to look ahead in the book to stuff that hasn't been covered yet.

2) What do each of those symbols represent in your boolean math? (What does the '+' represent? The '.'? The '='? The '?

3) Now, how are each of those symbols represented in ladder? How do the all function together? (Hint: "and" is series, "or" is parallel)

4) Do your own homework. We won't do it for you. We love to teach and help... to those who indicate that they have applied at least a little bit of effort. Show us what you already have done. Ask us to help explain what's wrong and where you might be able to do better. But don't ask us to do your homework.

Last edited:
1. (A.B)+C = X
2. (A'+B).C = X
3. (ABC)'+AB = X

| A B X1 |
|---+---| |---| |---+-----------( )------|
| | | |
| | C | |
| +-----| |-------+ |
| |
| A C X2 |
|---+---|/|---+----| |----------( )------|
| | | |
| | B | |
| +---| |---| |
| |
| A B C X3 |
|---+---|/|---|/|---|/|---+-----( )------|
| | | |
| | A B | |
| +---| |---| |---------+ |
| |

Hello Lancie1,
Hate to say it (or maybe I'm just feeling extra pedantic today - I've got some leave coming!), but isn't your ladder the exact opposite of what those formulae state?
i.e. the ladder is saying x = (a.b) + c, which is not the same as (a.b) + c = x is it? :unsure:

Just disappointed that Lancie does his homework for him. A couple of posts prompting the guy to use his noggin a bit before guidance and then Lancie does it.

Probably lancie will get a PM now with his entire homework, maybe a weekly chore, while joeboy has his feet up sailing through a course others are sweating on, lancie will be hard at it.

:whistle:

Send them on. I will do all their homework. If you search back through the old messages, you can see that I always have. There is no guarantee that I will do all of them correctly. Nobody is perfect...

Besides, if no answer is found here, there are plenty more sites. The lazy or dumb students will simply keep searching.

Which of the 3 possible responses will students learn the most from: No answer, right answer, or wrong answer?

Last edited:
Lancie1 said:
Which of the 3 possible responses will students learn the most from: No answer, right answer, or wrong answer?

Neither of the above.

The student thionks about it, puts up his answers, we prompt where we see an error and through the prompts and his thinking ... HE LEARNS.

I don't believe he would get no response, most on here will readily help.

It does not realy help just putting up homework answers.

Sorry if it offends to tell you this

Nah, it doesn't offend me at all. I am sure that you agree that I have a right to hold a different opinion. Through long experience here, I have seen that the serious and smart students ask questions, while the others simply want an answer. So I give them an answer.

You could be correct, if the goal is to produce more programmers. Personally I had rather that the dumb ones not learn anything, fail, and go into a different field.

Last edited: