help resetting an slc500 1747-L30C

charlesf

I have a cpu fault flashing on my slc500. This plc controls my screen printing press. I was told that if I remove the battery and repower that the plc would read from my chip. After reading more about the plc I learned that I do not have a battery. There is a jumper where you plug the battery and the memory is powered by a capacitor. My question is how can I lose power to my ram so that I can reboot off the eprom chip. I am new to PLC's however very interested so be gentle with me.

thanks in advance

Charles

thanks but...

I do thank you but I am confused the instruction in the pdf you posted says that series C units can not be factory reset. My CAT No. is 1747-L30C Do I have a Series C unit.

thanks again

Many Thanks Mickey

Thanks for the help Mickey. My screen printing press is cranking out signs again. Should you ever need help with signs I'd like to repay the favor.

Thanks

Charles

charlesf said:
Thanks for the help Mickey. My screen printing press is cranking out signs again. Should you ever need help with signs I'd like to repay the favor.

Thanks

Charles

Your Welcome. Next time I'm in Texas?