S7-200 Cpu 224 Pb

ilhem

Hi , i have a pb on S7-200 cpu224 whith error code 9 (error in using memory DB1), the plc can't go on run mode and led orange and red are on .
please help!!

I couldn't find this error code, but from your description you might be calling a variable inside the DB which you didn't declare.

Error 9

Error9.jpg

hmmm... I think that means that you used a function where you used the input variable as an output variable at the same time and probably this variable is inside your datablock.

Am I right?

ilhem said:
Hi , i have a pb on S7-200 cpu224 whith error code 9 (error in using memory DB1), the plc can't go on run mode and led orange and red are on .
please help!!
please check the power supply if it is above 25 volts
icon11.gif

the error code is for data block error BD1 not programming error, other information : the error appear in differents times in 3 plc installed in 3 same machine, and i upload a program in plc with error and it's run.
In next time(1 day or 2 day) the same error appear ,other upload and plc ok....!!

ilhem said:
the error code is for data block error BD1 not programming error, other information : the error appear in differents times in 3 plc installed in 3 same machine, and i upload a program in plc with error and it's run.
In next time(1 day or 2 day) the same error appear ,other upload and plc ok....!!

Where are you getting this error code 9 from ??

Can you post a screen shot ?

Hello Ilhem;

From the S7-200_e.pdf manual,
Fatal Error Codes and Messages
Fatal errors cause the S7-200 to stop the execution of your program. Depending on the severity ofthe error, a fatal error can render the S7-200 incapable of performing any or all functions. Theobjective for handling fatal errors is to bring the S7-200 to a safe state from which the S7-200 canrespond to interrogations about the existing error conditions.
The S7--200 performs the following tasks when a fatal error is detected:
!​
Changes to STOP mode

!​
Turns on both the SF/DIAG (Red) LED and the Stop LED

!​
Turns off the outputs

The S7-200 remains in this condition until the fatal error is corrected.​
0009 Permanent memory checksum error on user data, DB1
Both this help file and the screenshot you posted point to the fact that your DB1 is corrupted, at least at the moment the CPU goes to stop. Do you have a data block created and downloaded to your CPUs? Do you have any instructions writing to DB1 in runtime? Could there be an data type mismatch in the data you write to DB1?
Hope this helps,​
Daniel Chartier​

Hi, the application on plc runing normaly and uncertainly the cpu go in error mode 9 , actualy one cpu (we have 3 cpu) can't go to run mode and a memory card is corupted , a don't understand what hapen!!
other information : the cpu is connected with OP3 panel.

Last edited:
Solution of my CPU 224 pb

I received this message from SIEMENS support (after sending a plc program to SIEMENS support) :

Dear Mr. Harik,

Retentive area MB0 to MB13 is OK
But SMB31 and SMB32 I found in the “Saving_routine” SBR8. this part of the program damage the CPU! You set the V31.7 too often. I guess every scan. Every time if you set this bit, the PLC writes to the EEPROM. The maximum write cycles are restricted! Please ensure that the PLC only writes if it is necessary! E.g. only if anyone had changed parameter on the OP3.
I suggest, change your program and also change your CPUs against new ones.
More information’s you found in the System manual Page 39 (PDF 53) http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/1109582
If you use the Program in more CPUs, set the CPU as soon as possible in STOP mode! Please change the program.
have a look to http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/17471561

extract from the manual:
Tip
Since the number of save operations to the permanent memory (EEPROM) is limited (100,000
minimum, and 1,000,000 typical), you should ensure that only necessary values are saved.
Otherwise, the EEPROM can wear out and the CPU can fail. Typically, you should perform save
operations at the occurrence of specific events that occur rather infrequently.
For example, if the scan time of the S7-200 is 50 ms and a value was saved once per scan, the
EEPROM would last a minimum of 5,000 seconds, which is less than an hour and a half. On the
other hand, if a value were saved once an hour, the EEPROM would last a minimum of 11
years.

Hello Ilhem;

Thanks for posting the solution to your problem. I am sure it will help others who face a similar problem.
Regards,
Daniel Chartier