More Logix 5000 Questions

JiNCs

I inherited a new laptop just after having had XP Pro reinstalled.

I reinstalled Logix5000 and RS View. Inside View was Linx Enterprise as well as Linx Classic. The version of 5000 I installed was 15.01. Although Linx Enterprise asked for an authorization disk, I did not have one (unsure if I (we) ever did). At any rate when consulting with the Rockwell authhorization tech support group (RA group), they said that no disk comes with it (strange), and that disks were manuf'd standardly (whatever that means). The RA Group finally told me to use Linx Classic instead of Enterprise.

My question, does Linx Classic v2.50.00.20 CPR 7 communicate with Logix5000 v15.01? I've been told Linx needs to be 2.51 or higher. If my version will not, is there an upgrade? Is is free?

Help again folks!
JiNCs

Linx Classic should work fine with Logix5k. All you need for any version of Logix is Linx "lite" -- the unlicensed version.

If you have a legal license, you'll be able to upgrade it if necessary.

OZEE said:
Linx Classic should work fine with Logix5k. All you need for any version of Logix is Linx "lite" -- the unlicensed version.

If you have a legal license, you'll be able to upgrade it if necessary.

legal license and have paid for support , you'll be able to upgrade

Hello hz428;

From Rockwell's Knowledgebase:

[font=Arial, Helvetica]RSLogix 5000 Enterprise Software versions 10.07, 11.16, 12.06, 13.04, 14.01, 15.02 and v16.00 have been tested on the following operating systems:[/font]
  • Microsoft® Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2
  • Microsoft® Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition with Service Pack 1
  • Microsoft® Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 4
RSLogix 5000 is expected to operate correctly on the following operating systems, but has not been tested:We do not fully support the following Operating Systems in the event that we can not come up with a resolution it is highly recommended get a version that has been tested and fully supported.
  • Microsoft® Windows XP Home Edition
  • Microsoft® Windows XP Media Center Edition
  • Microsoft® Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition with Service Pack 1
  • Microsoft® Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 1, 2, or 3

RSLogix 5000 may install on, but is not supported on the following operating systems:
  • Microsoft® Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
  • Microsoft® Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
  • Microsoft® Windows Vista Professional / Enterprise (targeted for CPR 10)

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier