Thermo ramsey AB RIO Interface assitance

burrowsj78

I have the following equipment.

3 - thermo ramsey 2301 intergraters each with AB RIO Board installed.
1.C3 scale, 230k, Rack 1.1
2.c23b scale, 230k, Rack 1.2
3.c23a scale, 230k, Rack 1.3

1 - 1756 DHRIO/C
Here is my rack configuration
B <001 0 1/4> RIO-Adapter C3 Scale
B <001 2 1/4> RIO-Adapter C23B Scale
B <001 4 1/4> RIO-Adapter C23A Scale

C3 and C23b Scale has been working for a year. I went to add C23a last week and the channel won't communicate.I Unhooked 23b and hooked up 23a with 23b configuration and it worked fine, so I know it isn't hardware. I could hook up 23a to channel A to get it to work, But I would have to run another cable. Any suggestions. Thanks

Also, Does the last cable connection with terminator resistor need to be 23a scale. Right now I have the cable ending at 23b Scale.

Terminating resistors go at the physical end of the RIO cable daisy-chain. The addressing all looks OK, so move the terminator out to the end of the network.

I re-programmed the scales and message instructions so that 23b scale would be at the end of the line. And I still can't communicate to rack 1.3. Do you have any other suggestions, if not I am just going rewire 1.3 to channel A. Thanks

New config
1.C3 scale, 230k, Rack 1.1
2.c23a scale, 230k, Rack 1.2
3.c23b scale, 230k, Rack 1.3 cable end with terminator.

Terminating resistors go at the physical far ends of the network. The addressing does not matter to the electrons.

It still sounds to me like you have the terminating resistors in the incorrect locations.

There should be exactly two terminating resistors, 82 ohms each, located at the extreme ends of the RIO network.

The "Rack 1.1, 1.2, 1.3" addressing sounds funny to me. A-B RIO is addressed by Rack number and Starting Group (0,2,4,6) not with a decimal extension.

So for any confusion in my explaination of the issue I am having. I'll try to explain it better.

I have an 82 ohm resistor a the 1756-dhrio card and at the last scale box which is at the end of the my cable. I wasn't sure if the addressing had to match up so the end of the cable and last group had to be the same location. Your previous post points to no.

The Thermo ramsey scale setup uses the following. This is from the manual

ex 1.1
Where 1 is your rack # and .1 is your starting quarter. Each scale only occupies 1/4 of a rack. More Micro-tech 2000's can be assigned the same rack address but will occupy other quarters. The scale can handle a

max - 63racks and 4quarters
min - 1rack and 1quarter

I hope this clarifies things and Thanks for the help
BTW: I am still waiting for thermo ramsey tech support for an answer.