SLC 5/03 CPU -- Corrupt OS?

NxB

I think I corrupted the OS on my SLC 5/03. There is a solid fault light lit at all times. It flashes Force and DH485 together and then FORCE + DH385 + Rs232 + Batt. The battery on it is also dead but I bet that has nothing to do with it. A GND/VBB reset did nothing. I don't have the eEprom to flash a new OS on there. Does anyone here have it? I could ship the module and pay for postage, etc. Any other suggestions? This thing is long out of warranty. Also, will any 3V lithium battery work as a replacement?

What makes you think the OS is corrupt? It sounds to me like it's just lost its program and needs to have the app downloaded to it. That happens when the battery is dead and it's been disconnected from power... When you did the GND/VBB reset, you just reset everything back to a "virgin" plc -- with no application loaded.

If your application is gone, unless you have a copy of it, I'm sure that none of do, either... It's a custom program.

Solid fault light and no connection. I had another SLC 5/03 and I was able to connect to it program it just fine even with a flashing fault. The only other thing I could think of would be the battery being dead and not present doesn't let the plc work at all.

Solid FLT
+ Flashing BATT + RS232 + FORCE + DH485
This LED combination is not described in the manual.
Solid FLT means that it is not just an empty memory. So it does not look good. Is there an EPROM installed ? If so, remove it and reset the CPU again.
Other than that I would send it to AB, if they cannot fix noone else can.

Its not in the manual but it is in the knowledgebase. No EE installed right now. I could probably get a replacement CPU module for the amount AB would charge to fix this one.

Not necessarily, they (at least use too) offer a flat rate for repair that is less than a new module. They will just send you one of their refurbs that is in stock when you send yours in. if you have a good relationship with AB they may send theirs when you talk to them and you ship yours.

I should probably ask them how much an upgrade eEprom would be. I'm sure thats all it needs. The knowledgebase article has a matching light pattern that says its corrupt os. The plc also had it s write protect jumper set to write now that i've looked at it again.