Blinker, On_Job, S5T#50ms

mico207

hello guys,

i'm including in my project a "Busy-Status" so as to avoid conflicted motions.
so i make an FB (with multi-instance option ON) that will activate a BLINKER routine.
3 input variables: ON_Timer, OFF_Timer, StartBlink.
1 output: BlinkerLamp.

well, i'm a beginner n i'd like to take advice: shall i pass S5T#50ms in the inputs, but actually i don't understand the format S5T#50ms what does it mean, and how to be used - i just think it suit the application.

another thing, is it possible that i don't create any DB with that FB and just make multiple calls to it with different S5Timers and different output-Lamps, and all blinking lamps will work together ...

what do u think guys ...

Position your mouse pointer over the s5T#50ms and press F1 - the help will show you what it means.

hello thank u for answering, yes i did that and there wasn't on that page "How to use it ..."

all i know it is a datatype, but how to be used, all i'm looking forward is a 1 LAD network for the use of 1 timer form this type that activates 1 output ...

Rather than use a timer or any such logic for your 'blinker', you would find it better to enable the clock cycle and use one of those bits.

In your hardware config, in the properties of the CPU, you can enable the clock bits and identify a byte where the clock bits will go. This will give you 8 timed square wave bits.

I can't remember the timescales of the 8 bits as I don't have S7 to bring it up, I think its something like 100mS (bit0) to 10 seconds (bit 7).

i made an FB with a blinker routine and attached to it a DB. then i thought i use multiple-instancing and define it as a STAT of another FB (where i can write my logic to run different blinkers), also i call it multipally from within and assign different LAMP-blink outputs to it ...

this is possible - yes ????
and what do u think it will be easier ...

Last edited:
1. As your initial question was regarding S5T timers, I presume you are indirectly addressing different timers on every call, otherwise it does not work.

2. Yes that is the way you call multiple instanced DB for FB's.

3. I would still use a clock bit, no code required to cause the 'blink' bit.

As Peter suggests, use the clock byte method and then use the Marker bit globally wherever you need a lamp to blink.