Communicating between 1761-AIC, PLC and PC

fabian24

I have 4- Micro1200 Controllers, connected via 1761-AIC interface. All these are connected via a DH485 communication. The final 1761-AIC is connected to a S/03 PLC. How do i communicate with these PLC's. what's the easy way to see that they are all connected.My RSlinx doesn't seem to show any of the Micro1200 Controllers when I connect my PC to the S/03 PLC via ethernet cable ?

fabian24 said:
I have 4- Micro1200 Controllers, connected via 1761-AIC interface. All these are connected via a DH485 communication. The final 1761-AIC is connected to a S/03 PLC. How do i communicate with these PLC's. what's the easy way to see that they are all connected.My RSlinx doesn't seem to show any of the Micro1200 Controllers when I connect my PC to the S/03 PLC via ethernet cable ?

The SLC5/03 does not have an ethernet port its a DH485 port.
Do not connect your PC ethernet port to the port on the SLC5/03 port that looks like an ethernet port ( YOU CAN DAMAGE YOUR PC ETHERNET PORT).
Which port are you using to connect your SLC5/03 to the DH485 network ( the 1761-AIC+)?
And what cables are you using?
Is the network working between the controllers and now your just trying to get your PC to talk ( connected to the network)?

Last edited:
I am sorry, the PLC is SLC5/05. It's showing well with the Ethernet drivers and it's working jus perfect. But I am not able to see the other micro1200 controllers. The cables are all perfect. Please advice.

Still a little confused. Are you saying you can't see the other ML controller while connected to the Ethernet port on the SLC5/05?

You could use the passthru feature: ( note I have not done this but here are some Knowledgebase tips to help:
I.D 17573
I.D 19853
I.D 4129
I.D 24392
Go to AB.com support you may have to register (its free)

Or you can connect to one of the AIC's and use the 1747-PIC/AIC driver in RSLinx and connect to the DH485 network.( you will need a real serial port on your PC to use this driver)