Profibus - Beginner needs help using a S7 to read data from a 3WL Circuit breaker

Hello.
I am new to S7 programming and need some help. I hope I´m clear enough...

I need to read some data(current,power,...) from a SENTRON 3WL circuit breaker using Profibus-DP
Let´s say I already have a project with some slaves connected to the network.
I have downloaded the GSD file and when I move the 3WL from the catalog to the network, a pop-up window appears asking me to select the preset configuration. The options are:
4 values
8 values
14 values

Let´s say I select 14 values. Than HW config automatically assigns the "I" and "Q" adresses. From my little knowledge I assume this 14 values will be read cyclically via DPV0.

Questions is: If i want to read 15 values, what should I do? I know I can used DPV1 to read values. Should I do this to read the extra value? Can the same S7 CPU act as a DPV0 and DPV1 master? If yes, how to get that extra data?

I hope you understand me. I used to program Rockwell PLCs and I am not familiar with S7\Profibus concepts.
Thanks

Hello Serafim;

In the manual Sentron_en04.pdf, "Profibus communication with sentron WL and Sentron VL, they give the following code examples to read and write to the trip unit with DPV1, using SFC59 (read record 94 (hex 5E): all operating data) and SFC58 (write record 129 (hex 81): all protection data):

DPV1_SentronWL.jpg

If you have a DPV1 master (a recent CPU with onboard Profibus-DP port should have DPV1 implemented) then DPV0 and DPV1 can coexist on the network; DPV1 uses the acyclic portioon of the Profibus telegram to access data in the slaves.
You will have to study SFC58/59 before you can use them; look for them in the manual " System and Standard Functions", in the chapter SFCs for Transfering data Records.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Last edited: