RSView32 Works 1500

IPSIBilly

I have RSView32 Works running on a desktop and the computers main purpose in life is just to run RSView. Does anyone know how to make the runtime screen open maximized when ever the computer is first turned on so that the operators don't have to worry about starting up the program? Thanks in advance

You can place a shortcut in your windows startup folder to open RSView32 and the corresponding project. I just shut my laptop down so I don't have an example handy...sorry.

The project also needs to be configured so you have some "mainscreen" that opens on startup (check the project startup options), within the properties of that mainscreen you should have a check box or something of the sort that tells the program to "maximize" when it's opened.

If a user has to be logged onto windows at starup.......tweakui is your friend;)

Some followup:

Create a shortcut to rsview32.exe and place it into your startup folder. Under Shortcut tab inthe properties of the shortcut, add your version of this:
"C:\RSViewDirectory\rsview32.exe" "C:\ProjectDirectory\project.rsv" /r

This will open the project under rsview, and the /r command is what maximizes the window....if I remember right. Oh and the quotes that you see ARE needed.

The /r switch makes the project run, you need to select the maximise part within the project Startup options.

NOP said:
The /r switch makes the project run, you need to select the maximise part within the project Startup options.

Thank you for the correction;) It's been awhile since I set that up (the one and only RSView32 project we have....*tear*).

I use a utility that is supplied with the RsView software called DeskLock. With this utility you can set up your PC to auto log onto your network and open a specific program and file. One thing to remember is to make sure IT gives you a static password.

I go into the BIOS setup for the PC and configure it to auto start upon power up then DeskLock takes over.

I have done this several time and it works well.