WinCC 6.0 Script.exe Memory Leak Problem

Datty.Dee

Hello all, I am new to WinCC & would greatly value any help or pointers in the right direction that this obviously knowledgeable forum can provide.

I'm having great problems with a number of WinCC5.1 stand alone projects that have been migrated to WinCC6.0. Previously the PCs ran Windows 2000 with WinCC5.1, now they are running Windows XP SP2 with WinCC6.0 SP4+HF2 (Version 6.1.2.2)

These projects all use GmsgFunction to output machine status messages from the PLCs to text file located each machine's local hard drive. The problem I have is that when these migrated projects are running scrpit.exe grows in size starting at 15MB growing to 86MB in about 12 hours and carries on increasing in size. If there are no machine messages coming through script.exe does not grow. If I switch off the alarm logging module (in WinCC) again Script.exe does not leak, but the machine messages obviously don't get written to the text file either!! In WinCC5.1 these projects ran without issue & there were no memory leaks. All the scripting has been done in C.

Has anyone encountered a problem like this before? I have searched the Siemens forums extensively & I can find no reference to memory leaks in script.exe, the only reference I have been able to find is on this forum to a similar problem with WinCC5.1, however the suggested fix of applying an MS fix (KB828741) can't be applied to XP SP2 machines!!

The other problem is that every minute a message is dropped into the text file containing a cumulative count of items produced on the production line, again read from the PLC, however this message can be upto 4 minutes before any machine messages with a similar time stamp are written to the text.

These PCs are built according to Siemens build instructions have 2.8GHz Xeon Processors with 1GB RAM & large fast RAIDed SCSI drives.

Any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards

Datty