RSLogix 5000 Flex I/O Calibration Tab

Rupert

I would like to calibrate a flex I/O module but my installed version of RSLogix 5000 does not have the calibration tab under the I/O configuration windows.

Does anyone know how this feature is turned on and off.

Is it an installed software component, an add-on or something else.

Thanks for any advise.

Rupert

Rupert,
I am not a RsLogix 5000 user, but I do know that those that are
and can help you will need more info.
What version of RsLogix 5000 do you have?
Which processor are you using, complete cat. no. series firmware?
Which Flex I/O module do you have , complete cat.no series?
How are you communicating with the flex I/O, Controlnet,ethernet,remote I/O?

FYI,not all Flex I/O modules can be calibrated.

Rslogix 5000 Ver13.03 with a 1756-L63 ControlLogix 5563 Controller.
The module I'd like to calibrate is a 1794-IRT8 8 Ch 24V DC RTD/Thermocouple Analog input unit.
I'm using controlnet to talk to the processor and flex I/O

Rupert

I would call tech support to see if there is a rev level of that module that can do this. I would think no. Flex is very simple and does not have the features of ControlLogix modules. There is a reason why they do not cost very much.

Rupert said:
I would like to calibrate a flex I/O module but my installed version of RSLogix 5000 does not have the calibration tab under the I/O configuration windows.

Does anyone know how this feature is turned on and off.

Is it an installed software component, an add-on or something else.

Thanks for any advise.

Rupert
Here is a screen shot of V16 using C-Net to interface to the flex.
There is no calibration available

1794_IRT8.jpg

Ian

The rev of the card dictates what features are available in RSLogix 5000.

So you can have your processor up to Version 16 but not gain a thing on the amount of data that comes in. This is done by having a higher reve card AND adjusting the rev of the card in the I/O configuration. Please note that you need to also adjust the card rev in the I/O configuration which will add all the tag data for the features at the rev level (if any). But you can only do this when the physical card is atleast as high as the rev you select in the I/O configuration.

I cannot tell you what all you get from higher rev as it changes from card to card.

This being said, I am pretty sure the Flex modules have not seen to many rev increases over the years. They have been around for a long time. I added a 1794-IF4I last year. If my memory is correct, it was still sitting at a really low rev. Heck, you still needed to scale the inputs (no scaling in the card).