CJ1m-cpu22 communication problems

mordred

I have a processor CJ1m-cpu22 that I had connection initially was trying to load its program onto the device when I recieved the error on settings download failure. essentially it did not transfer the various settings for the weight categories vfd reference output etc. When I try to reconnect both the peripheral port and comm port are locked up and will not allow me to communicate with the processor. Does anyone know how to clear the memory on this processor? I tried disconnecting the battery but I believe the memory is non volitial. Also the program will normally write the ports as Peripheral NT:link for the NS touchscreen
and the commport as a no protocal for scale data in ascii what I believe happened is that its applied those settings to the ports and in order to program through one of them I need a host link connection. The device does have a memory card however I cannot seem to get the data files the device requires to save on memory card to upload from memory card to overwrite. We could possibly
load from the touchscreen which I believe uses a CBL 802 cable which I still have to build but I've never done a passthrough connection so some advice on how to do that would help the peripheral port does communicate through the peripheral port. I can communicate with the old processor but only due to an ethernet card that is hooked up to a PC for data collection however that won't allow me to connect to the new processor as the program does did not load a recognized IP address.

You can force the RS-232 Port to return to the default parameters by turning on DIP switch #5 on the CPU. The default communication setting is Toolbus I believe, with the baud rate in auto-detect.

However the Peripheral Port should already be in this mode by default, unless DIP switch #4 is turned On to allow user setting.

This information is in Section 6 of the CJ1 Operations manual.

Steve

yeah already tried the dip swithches on both the cables I'm using is cbl 202 for the comm port and cqm1 cifo2 with the peripheral adaptor which I'm told should connect but I've also tried the cs1w cable.

I figured a DIP switch setting would be too good to be true.

If you are getting communication between the NS screen and the CPU you might be able to use the device monitor function of the NS to reset the RS-232 port.

If you go to the Special Screen tab under the System Menu you can launch the Device Monitor. This would allow you to force the Memory areas for the RSR-232 port to the correct values so you can communicate with the CPU with CX-Programmer. Also I think you can force the CPU mode as well, you might have better luck with the CPU in program mode.

I have looked at the device monitor once or twice but never really done anything with it so I can't be of much help with the specifics.

In answer to you question about passing through the NS, I am not sure you can do that. I know you can program the NS by going through the PLC but I don't think you can do the reverse.

Steve

I know its possible as I've seen it done on two systems however never had the occasiion to do so myself I'm currently trying to get an Omron tech here. and yes I cycled the power after changing the switches the other option is to try and force a rewrite by memory card but the DM memory areas isn't tranferring the data. Currently looking at the procedure I just found for that. I've also tested my laptop USB settings by hooking up to a CPM2a processor which I have for bench testing and can easily connect to that device using the same CBL 202

got it it turns out that toolbus was incompatible with my USB adaptor
when it works in Sysmac way so I've ordered the Omron CS1w-CIF31