a/b slc 500 1747-30lb

newbee

i have a dead slc 500 and i have a reconditioned on the way, i have been told that all i need to do is switch out the e-prm and power up to restore operation. is this true?

Hello newbee,

Depends what your definition of 'dead' is... are any lights on? If so what lights are on? And are they flashing or solid

Do you have the software and cables to get into your PLC?

Not sure why if you pull the eprom your PLC would come back to life...

also is that your part number 1747-30lb?

geniusintraining said:
Hello newbee,

Depends what your definition of 'dead' is... are any lights on? If so what lights are on? And are they flashing or solid

I think the OP is asking if he can install the eprom from the dead plc and put into a refurbished plc if the eprom will automatically load.
I believe that would depend on the eprom settings from the original code.

yes the processor is dead no lights at all. when the new processor arrives can i remove the e-prom from the dead and install in the new processor. i asked the oem and he said that would work, i was just wondering since i did not purchase the replacement SLC 500 from him. i opted to purchase one online as a savings of $1100.00.

geniusintraining said:
Hello newbee,

I think he meant 1747-L30B
one of the fixed I/O slc's 18 AC in 12 Triac out

newbee said:
Thanks for the help, i installed the new processor and the e-prom and pwoered the unit up and everything worked fine.

I don't think we helped (tried)

Glad you got it...