Incandecent Bulb replacement with LED Bulb

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a manufacture who sells LED lights that have an Edison base?? I'm trying to replace a standard 120vac bulb with a LED 24 Volt one. I've done a search on the net have have some up with a quote from LEDTRONICS , but am having trouble finding other companies that sell simular products like the one I'm looking at with is HERE , either the BBL504 or BBl508 series. Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Andrew Evenson

I haven't bought anything from them, but THE LED LIGHT.COM seems to carry quite a selection of LED lamps!...
icon3.gif

beerchug

-Eric

Telemechanique have a wide range of panel bulbs and switches that comes with or without LED bulbs. Cost effective too.

We have made a practice to use all illumination indicators to be of LED types. It saves a lot of trouble repalcing the incandesent bulbs and trouble shooting. But to date couldn't find an E-Stop switch that comes with LED bulbs. Any body out there found it already?? where?? :unsure:

Chavak, Telemecanique isn't going to have "Edison base" lamps.

For those unfamiliar with that name, this is an Edison base lamp:
[attachment]
Also, Telemecanique has LED bulbs for all their pushbuttons. What specific Emergency Stop switch are you currently using? IOW, what's the part number?

beerchug

-Eric

lightbulb.gif

LED emergency stop!

Eric,

I have seen plenty of LED illuminated 'stop' button's, But I have not seen any illuminated 'emergency stop' buttons, that is a red, mushroom head, latching, turn to release push button emergency stop.

I might be wrong on that, can you post a part number please?

Paul

Yes, Eric I have never seen Edison Base lamps in push buttons. I do not know whether is it a requirement in your region to have so.

What we usually use for E-Stop is either "Klocker Moeller" or "Idec", I like the Klocker Moeller because of its rigidity, but sacrifice on the illumination part. Idec gives an incandesent bulb for illumination, but no LED, also not very rigid in design.

Gentlemen,

I thank you all for your replies. But have decided to not go with an LED - Incandecent replacement quite yet. The quotes I got were WAY too expensive. I think I will be sticking to the original 120 V bulbs, and use an interposing relay to drive them from my 24Vdc control voltage, it will be quite a bit cheaper. I thank you all for your input and time, and when the time does come to switch themm over, I'll look into all the suggestions that were made.

Thanks again,

Andrew Evenson

If you can tolerate a dimmer lite , you can install resistor in series with bulb, this will extend life of bulb.

Mickey