WinCC Flexible problem

Lyle

Just started working with Siemens software and hardware a few weeks ago.My problem is that i cannot write to the plc using my skada program.I am using the C7-635 touch screen.I have created tags for the function i require but it still does not work.I am using WinCC Flexible Compact 2005 SP1 HF7.Any suggestions or tutorials on how to write to the plc by pressing the touch sreen will be helpful.Thanks.

Hi

Check your connection info ( IF-B interface or Ethernet )

I haven't used a C7 but possibly the first download must be via serial port .Then check your setting on the C7

Check that your tag 'sends' the stuff to the right connection.make sure the 'tag' exist in the PLC ( ie tagname : test123 = DB1.DBW0 in PLC )

How did you 'build' you new project ? I don't use the wizard to create a new project.

I am using the IF-B interface.I am able to read if an output or input is on using the Skada. I did not use the wizard either.The addressing in WinCC tags is the same address as in the plc.