HOW TO LOG data in MS-EXCEL Spreadsheet in RSVIEW ME

siva_maddala

hai

welcome to automation world. i am doing HMI using RSVIEW ME. I completed all animation and all things. but for the data logging i prepared trends and showed to the customer but the customer is asking in MS-EXCEL or MS-ACCESS format. can you please tell me any one knows regarding the datalogging in excel format in RSVIEW ME.

THANKS AND REGARDS
m.siva

siva_maddala said:
hai

welcome to automation world. i am doing HMI using RSVIEW ME. I completed all animation and all things. but for the data logging i prepared trends and showed to the customer but the customer is asking in MS-EXCEL or MS-ACCESS format. can you please tell me any one knows regarding the datalogging in excel format in RSVIEW ME.

THANKS AND REGARDS
m.siva

You might be hooped: Below this is from Rockwell's knowledge database

While RSView ME runtime can specify a network location to store its datalog file (hence, making the file itself at least physically available to your spreadsheet program), it is not in a spreadsheet compatible format. The file must first be converted to a spreadsheet compatible format using the tool found in technote:

A21053 - Convert Data Log Files to DBF Files

Unfortunately, this converter cannot reliably run on the raw datalog file at the same time the ME runtime environment has the file in an "open" state. The file is not "closed" until the ME runtime environment stops running the ME application associate with the datalog.

You must therefore STOP the running application BEFORE trying to convert the datalog for use in another program such as Excel.

Summary: No, the raw datalog is not in a standard spreadsheet format and the file cannot be converted while it is still open by the RSView ME Runtime environment
Catalog Number: