WinCC Flex doubts

juanmdx

Hi everyone,

I'm upgrading the panel from one of our machines (an old Xycom 2060 to a MultiPanel 277 touch from siemens), the thing is that on one of the screens I need to input a value from 0 to 25 and the variable on the screen should appear as a letter (A to Z), but all the variables must be numerical (because that's how the PLC program is structured), so it should be like this:

Variable 42000 (numerical).- Can take values from 0 to 25 and it shows the value I input.

Variable 42009 (numerical). Depending on the value of 42000 it shows letters 0=A, 1=B, 3=C...., 25=Z.

I was thinking of using some tipe of "case" function but I can't find it..., I don't even know if this can be made on the WinCC Flex, but if the old panel is able to manage it I imagine the new one can also...

Hope someone can help me.

Juan

One way would be to make a Text List. It can do exactly what you want.
To use 2 tags, one for input and the other for output sounds a bit cumbesome to me. Are you sure that this is what you want to do ?
What exactly is it you want to achieve with this functionality ?
Which PLC is it ?

The PLC is an old modicon.
The thing is that the PLC has already the program and it works like that (I also don't know why, I can think of many other ways but that's what hey want...)

So the PLC uses both tags, and the PLC program is a little long, un commented and not so structured so it's really complicated to know exactly what it does and how, so I better only send and recieve the same info and only change the panel (because that's what they told me to)

So what it really does is that I input the 0 to 25 tag (42000 address) and the plc does something with it, then it adds to it 100 and store the value on the 42009 does something and then send it to the panel, if 42009 is a 100=A, 101=B, ...125=Z

You think you can help me?

Juan

Like this
textlist.JPG

Introduction

In a text list, the values of a tag are assigned to various texts. The text lists are created in the editor "Text lists". The attachment of the text list to a tag is configured on the used object, for example on a symbolic IO field. These are the following application areas for the text list:

Thanks I get how to do it.

I have one more question on the WinCC Flex, some values are in inches, and thats how the plc should work, but I need to display them on centimeters, is there a way of changing the value just for the screen and not in the register, I remember that other programs allow you to manipulate them (scaling them or something)