Modicon 984 programming problems

juanmdx

Hi everyone,

I have a few coil registers on my Modicon program that I need to put into a 40000 o 30000 registers, because I'm upgrading the panel (an old xycom 2060 to a MP277 siemens), and the new panel can't access but the 4x and 3x registers and I have some info on registers on the order of 298 988, 703...etc, can anyone tell me what would be the most accurate way of doing it, I was thinking on just moving the registers, example move 988 to 42191, but I don't think thats a really good idea, what I need is just to see if those addresses are active or not.

Thanks

Juan

Assuming that you are using 984 Ladder Logic, it is common to use the BLKM command. This command can be used to move 16 consecutive 0x coils into a 4x register and to move individual 4x registers into a single group. Communications can be improved by grouping the 4x registers rather than havine multiple reads/writes.