gx developer help

controlboy

Hi
Could any one explain in simple terms how to use Set and Reset coils Do they have a code name, location. I have used them with Dos based Melsec. The GX manual is going to take more time than I have to sort! Why do they Make simple things so hard to under stand, or is it just an age thing?
Many thanks controlboy

I'm not sure about the Dos based Melsec, but in GX Developer, to use the SET and RST you just need to type [SET Y0] at the end of one rung, and [RST Y0] at the end of another rung. Remember you have to use an instruction in the rung, like NC M0 contacts. Any output or instruction at the end of a rung will not work if it is the only thing in the rung.

joe75140 said:
I'm not sure about the Dos based Melsec, but in GX Developer, to use the SET and RST you just need to type [SET Y0] at the end of one rung, and [RST Y0] at the end of another rung. Remember you have to use an instruction in the rung, like NC M0 contacts. Any output or instruction at the end of a rung will not work if it is the only thing in the rung.

JOE75140 is correct just be sure to use the square brackets and not the round ones that are for outputs or it will not work.

Thanks Joe

That saved me a lot of work looking through the manual. I've had a break from PLC's of about 6 years so I'm a little rusty. Do you know of a site where I could look at or down load simple programs to get up to speed.

Controlboy

controlboy said:
Thanks Joe

That saved me a lot of work looking through the manual. I've had a break from PLC's of about 6 years so I'm a little rusty. Do you know of a site where I could look at or down load simple programs to get up to speed.

Controlboy

Here and here

edit: not sure they are simple though!