Fix32v6.15 moving SLC's from RS232 to NETENI's

AndrewB

hello

I have an fix32 V6.15 box talking to 2xSLC503's via serial.
I am stuck with fix32 at the moment but i do have the following bits i can use:

2x 1761-NET-ENI's
A spare linx OEM liscence.
a very nice industrial ethernet

What i would like to do is use the net enis on the SLC's but I am not sure what to do as far as FIX32 goes.

There are only comm port drivers in the ABH thingo.

should i use a comm port software redirector or is there something to fix up fix32 to use linx as an OPC server???

The "ABR" driver is what you need. It uses Rslinx to communicte with the SLC and FIX then uses the ABR driver to poll for data ( see site below)
Just one comment though, I don't see much of an improvment over what you have now. You will still be communicting with the processors by way of there serial port. If fact you will just be adding more stuff in between the PC and SLC. So the question is
why?

http://www.gefanucautomation.com/products/fixiodrivers/showdrivers.asp?objid=418

Last edited: