Storing Projects on S7 MMC

aldarin

Hi everybody,
Last week I was on the site with one our customers and he asked me whether I could backup the program on the MMC card if he needs to replace the CPU with spare in case of CPU failure. Though I did not tried this utility I downloaded the program on the MMC and replaced the CPU and put the MMC card on slot and felt relaxed to see it is working. But however the parameters I stored on the MMC card were gone when I insert the card on the new CPU. CPUs were the same they were both 313C but with different hardware revisions. I know there had been many discussion about MMC cards on this forum but I really need to know about downloading the program on the card and the loss of my data or parameters when I have inserted the card on the new CPU. Waiting curiously your ideas since my customer asked for a solution to his backup problem.
Greetings.

Hakan

Depending on exactly what you want to do, there are a couple of possibilities. One is PLC -> Copy RAM to ROM which copies the contents of the work memory to the load memory. I'm not sure, because I haven't tried it, but I assume that in this case you will save the current actual values in your DBs, perhaps somebody else can confirm this.

The other possibility, if your MMC is big enough, is to download a complete archive of the program plus any other documentation which you may feel could be useful (this can include any normal Windows files) using PLC -> Save to memory card. In this case, since what you are saving is in effect the complete project, when you use it to recreate a new program the DBs will be loaded with the Initial Values, so if necessary make sure these are correct before saving the project!

memory card is likely to be the thing to fail first - why not use one of the utilities to make a mirror of the memory card ?

10BaseT. said:
memory card is likely to be the thing to fail first - why not use one of the utilities to make a mirror of the memory card ?
I have made a mirrored MMC card using S7ImgWR utility, and replace the original MMC by it. however the DATA block store the user parameters has been completed reset to zero.So i think, raplace a mirrored MMC can NOT mirror erythings.

RMA said:
.....but I assume that in this case you will save the current actual values in your DBs, .....

:)