AutoCAD Electrical Book

Greg Dake

Greetings,

A little OT, but I know from previous posts there are quite a few AutoCAD Electrical users here. I'm looking for an AutoCAD electrical user manual or reference guide. They make them for many of the other AutoCAD flavors, but I'm having a hard time finding one for Electrical. I do have a short study guide, but I'm looking for something that elaborates on the entire software package. I have been a user for a few years now, just looking for a reference guide.

TIA,

Greg

Your best bet is to take a 3/4 day class with an auth rep.
They give you the basics on using AcadE and you get the study guides, which have proven to be an awesome tool while learnign AcadE.
My company sent me to teh class, cost was $895 thru our local Rep, and I got the two books, Demo CD's, and a free reloadable 30day AcadE 2008 fully functional program.
I see your from Milwaukee, I took the class thru MasterGraphics in Waukesha.

NH

By far, the best $900 training class ive taken in some time.

Thanks NH. Yes, Master Graphics is our local distributor. I also have the training manuals and demo CD which you mention. We actually own the full version of ACADE, I'm really looking more for the reference manual though...

Greg

Greg Dake said:
We actually own the full version of ACADE, I'm really looking more for the reference manual though...

Greg

You are not the only one who has wished for a manual for ACE. This has been an issue that has been discussed for several years on the ACE forum. For a while it looked like Autodesk might provide a full manual but this has never come to pass and doesn't look like it ever will. I looked into attending a class at my local distributor but it was mainly a beginners class and I didn't think it worth the cost. I have been using ACE since way back when it was Via WD. Via put out a very nice spiral bound manual. Would be nice if Autodesk or a 3rd party would do the same.

RTA,

I agree with you on the ACE training via the distributors. They look to be at beginner level. I have gone through the training materials which they provide in their training classes, and again it was only the basics. Everything I've learned in ACE has been poking around and figuring it out on my own, which is fine...but as we both agree, a bound reference would be nice. I'm upgrading from 2005 to 2008 very soon, curious to see if the interface has changed much.

Thanks again,

Greg