PLC'S From TRIangle research.

I think for their price they pack a nice punch. The only problem I have ever had was with the High Speed Counter connected to a "wire" drawn linear encoder. I kept missing or accumulating counts, I never actually did decide if it was the the way the encoder wrapped around the spring loaded spool or if it was the plc. I am leaning toward the encoder because a simple rotary encoder worked fine.

If anyone has had an experience with wire drawn linear encoder's please post me some of your experiences because I have seen nothing but head aches with them, but then again it definitly could be me. :)

Last edited:
Good PLC for the money. Very robust, I have several working in very tough environments, lots of dust, moisture, heat, and vibration. Somewhat limited on analog in and out, 8 bit out, 10 bit in. But you can connect them to third party analog in and output modules for greater resolution. Very easy to program, a good selection of higher level commands in Basic.

All in all, pretty good for the price. Not a brick type as they are more designed for embedded applications but work good in an industrial enviroments.