Stepper Motor

First you have to have a stepper driver that used 24Vdc and not 12Vdc(Commonly used for CNC). Then you use the High-speed outputs on the Tweedo to generate the pulses out the stepper motor Driver. The most import part at this point is making sure you have the right hardware. Find out what stepper drivers are available to you, and make sure the meet the specs of the PLC you want to use. i.e. the operating frequency of the stepper is with in the switching frequency of the PLC output. PLC out frequency is not high enough you will not be able to get the high speeds out of the stepper system.

Similar Topics

Hi everyone, This is my first time posting, so please forgive any omissions or mistakes. I am attempting to control the velocity of a stepper...
Replies
Views
I'm controlling an Applied Motion HW23-601D using a Leadshine EM542S connected to a 2080-LC50-48QBB, using CCW, and experiencing some weird...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am using the following: Eaton E4-AC-12RXP PLC I am trying to control the CL86T which controls a Closed-Loop Stepper motor. I am using...
Replies
Views
Not totally PLC related, but I figured this would be a good place to ask: I have an application where 7 small parts are being gripped and then...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm working with an s7-1200 and a stepper motor in Tia portal v17. This stepper motor is an SMD23E2 and I am attempting to connect...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom