PanelBuilder1400e verses RSView ME

tjoneill

Hello everyone, first time user here.
I have been using Panelbuilder 32 for a long time now, but we now have 3 HMI (1000e) that i was told that requires the RSVIEW program to operate. Now, i thought i could use the PanelBuilder 1400e to program these HMI's(which i would have to purchase) So...can I use the 1400e program instead of the RSVIEW which again (like RSLOGIX 500 to 5000) is so very different from one another.
Thanks

tjoneill said:
Hello everyone, first time user here.
I have been using Panelbuilder 32 for a long time now, but we now have 3 HMI (1000e) that i was told that requires the RSVIEW program to operate. Now, i thought i could use the PanelBuilder 1400e to program these HMI's(which i would have to purchase) So...can I use the 1400e program instead of the RSVIEW which again (like RSLOGIX 500 to 5000) is so very different from one another.
Thanks

Panelbuilder 1400e was only for the PV1400e and PV1000e. I believe someone has mistaken the 1000e as a PV1000+ which uses RsView Studio ME to program

Last edited:
The four generations of devices that have shared the "PanelView" trade name can be easy for a novice to confuse.

I once had a customer swear up and down that he had a PanelView 750 and couldn't connect to it with PanelBuilder32..... once I finally saw it I found it was a PanelMate... made by Eaton IDT.

PanelView Plus terminals (2711P part numbers) require RSView Studio to program. You want the less-expensive version that only does RSView ME (not SE/Supervisory Edition projects) called RSView Studio for Machine Edition.