Micrologix & HMI/SCADA - Using a Laptop

proxy

Hi all, from this question you can tell it's all new to me. I have AB hardware (Micrologix L10BWA), that I have used to teach myself ladder logic programming, using RSlogix 500 and RXLinx.

As I don't have the funds to purchase AB HMI hardware/Software, I would like to use my laptop for HMI (with custom graphics etc), using possibly a (pascal) program to display graphics, in response to data received from the controller via the serial link (and vice versa - perform control functions from the laptop).

Or perhaps there is freeware out there that I can use?

Can someone perhaps point me in the right direction, as I am not sure I know how to start.

Thanks Praveen, I will download and have a look. But perhaps you can give me an indication - is it difficult to write software to communicate to the Micrologix?

I have Rslogix (free version that cn only be used with the L10BWA), I believe RSLinx Lite (v 2.4)and the communciation cable. I can go online (download my program etc). I can monitor the contacts and coil states as the program executes - so yes the communication bit between the laptop and the controller is working.

Thanks for helping out b.t.w

Linx Lite does not support OPC connection. You'll need to upgrade to at least single node.

Do a search on DF1 in this forum. One of the users made his own DF1 interface and I believe gives it away freely(sorry can't remember his name)

Rich