Bosch Torque driver data collect.

tomalt

Hi I am new here so please bare with me. What I'm trying to do is collect torque result data from from the KE card of the Bosch Rexroth screw driver. Currently we are trying to pull the data out of the KE card using a SLC-505 with a 1746-BAS basic card. Reason for using the basic card through the SLC is for automatic data collection of a small sample size three times a day with no personal intervention. It will then get logged to our plants ASI database. Bosch has a S-meth "ethernet adapter" that is pretty much useless as far as I can see (no way to connect to plc to pull data), the data has to get dumped to a server through a FTP connection. This way will not allow us to log small sample sizes as we please. If any of you have done this and any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Tom

Our motion controller can do that easily.

We can record the torque at half millisecond intervals and buffer 12 million readings. That is over 16 hours if buffering only one data item! We have a Ethernet interface that can communicate with many different brands of PLCs. Better yet you skip the PLC and read the Ethernet data directly into your data base as long as it will interface with an active X control or .net assembly. This is the only hurdle. If you have this capability the rest will be simple. The analog input needs to be in the range of -10 to 10 volts for -32768 to +32767 counts or 4-20ma. The AtoD converter does an 8 times over sampling ( Yes ever 62.5 microseconds ) and the response is much faster what you would find in a PLC AtoD. Best yet, I bet it costs a lot less than the SLC with the cards and will be implemented in a fraction of the time.

Yes, our motion controllers are used for testing applications quite often because of the high sample rates and large data acquisition buffers. 30 controllers, with 2 axes apiece, were recently installed in a earthquake simulation and testing machine. The 30 controllers were monitored by a Labview system that collected and analyzed the data. It was installed by Parker. I am sure there was a PLC involved but it plays only minor role. The Labview computer downloads the commands the the motion controllers.

The motion controller can even control the torque if the screw driver has an analog input.

http://www.deltamotion.com/products/motion/rmc70/index.php
Call Brad or Jacob at 360-254-8688

I don't want to go directly to the database, it would just fill up space with unneeded data. We only want a audit sample of the production run that we will later add to a ASI database and statistical charts.

As far as the ethernet card you are talking about. Is yours a Bosch system with the S-meth card? I can't seem to find out how to get the plc to recognize the card through RSlinx.

We will need a way to access this data in the plc instead of directly to database... I already have the 1746-Bas card that is installed in a offline SLC to debug to avoid downtime on the line.

tomalt said:
I don't want to go directly to the database, it would just fill up space with unneeded data.
The option exists. You can read as much or little as you wish.

We only want a audit sample of the production run that we will later add to a ASI database and statistical charts.
That's fine. The point is the data is available.

As far as the ethernet card you are talking about.
If you follow the link you will see that Ethernet and USB are built into the RMC75E.

Is yours a Bosch system with the S-meth card?
No, I am the competition. My company makes motion controllers. We specialize in hydraulic control. We make most of the industrial hydraulic motion controllers in the US and Canada. Obviously Bosch Rexroth would like to change that.

I can't seem to find out how to get the plc to recognize the card through RSlinx.
Our controller has no problems with RSLinxs. See the examples.
http://www.deltamotion.com/dloads/downloads.php?category=rmc70&subcategory=Examples

It isn't enough to have Ethernet. You must have the application layer. Every manufacturer has its own application layer the permits communication with their PLC.

We will need a way to access this data in the plc instead of directly to database... I already have the 1746-Bas card that is installed in a offline SLC to debug to avoid downtime on the line.
Fine, you have a SLC5/05 and it can communicate with the motion controller over Ethernet using RSLinx. The 1746-BAS is not required.

Give a call tomorrow. We can give you a demonstration over the internet.

This line is currently running so we will not be doing a complete driver controller retrofit to install your equipment. The Bosch equipment is very good. We need answers for the equipment that is currently in our hands. Thanks anyways.

Anybody tried to do this?

I have the data coming into channel 0 of the 5/05, but I have to have the KE card of the Bosch drivers setup to send the ascii data to a printer. Doing this fills the buffer with more data then is needed and that can be shoved into the strings. If I try to set the KE card up as ascii to plc "sps1 settings" it will transfer one line then throw a error 2119 on the Bosch. It is a communication error between Bosch and the channel 0. If anybody has worked with the Bosch equipment knows the info is very hard to find.

Hopefully somebody else here has tried this and can help me out on how to set up the Bosch comm port correctly to work with channel 0 of the SLC.

bosch

I have KE cards connected on profibus. This makes the data easily accessable by the PLC. I am sure Bosch has a DeviceNet card for the KE too.

Yeah, thanks for the reply. I got this working awhile ago using the profibus card. It is a very efficiant way to transfer the data.