capture motor speed settings

MNJ96

Lifetime Supporting Member
everyone

i need some help capturing motors speeds. this conveyor system sets ac drive speed in ladder 5 depending on which recipe is selected and loads the speed values for that recipe.this system also has a manual bypass for speed. from the panelview when manual motor control screen is useed as soon as you enter the speed number you are writing to address for N[N21:0]:2 and when you hit load speeds b:19/04 it moves the value from N[N21:0]:2 to N7:2 which is the integer that is the begining of the speed control calculation for each conveyor in ladder 4 .what i need to do is capture,move and store the value that is currently in N[N21:0]:2 before it is changed so that after 30 minutes the value can be changed back my problem is that when in the manual motor control screen when you hit the button to edit the speed as soon as you enter before loading to the motor the value is changed i am very limited on what i can do inside panelbuilder so i am trying to do this without changing the pv program this is a pv 300 and a micrologix 1500

thanks in advance for your suggestions

phil buchanan

Last edited:
This is probably over my head but here is a thought

When you change to manual have an associated bit in the plc that automatically does a copy to another integer file.

ron

on this system there are manual controls but the part i am working on is actually the automatic mode it is just that while production is running the manual speed overide lets you change the motor speed on the fly without changing and reloading the recipe but once you do this it stays at that speed unless you know what it was set to previously and set it back or reload the recipe . the easy thing to do would be to have operators that are competent enough to check that the correct recipe is loaded therefore the speeds would be correct before starting a production run but management will not have that . so we want to capture the current speed and set it back after 30 minutes or so the pv button to change the speeds just changes the integer value so i have no way to control a move . i really need this pv button to write to a tag and change the data value of the speed control but i do not know if that is possible with the tag structure of panelbuilder ?

If I understand you correctly N21:0 is being written to by the PV then moved to N7:2. So don't you want to capture the value in N7:2 before it is changed? If so see below. Then after 30 min move that previous value back into n7:2

PreviousValue.jpg

Thats it, I am just showing the move part. What else do you need help with? If its the timer part then.

MovePreValue.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Phil,

What Mickey is shown you is, he added a Mov command to store your current value - which is in N7:2 - into N7:32 on top of your existing rung 2, before the speed is changed from the PanelView.

By doing so you have the existing speed value stored in N7:32, which you can restore when you like. Are you confused about how to restore it. It is just another MOV command when ever you wanted to do so.

_________