daignostics

I'm not sure what your asking.

Most Modicon programming software has built in diagnostics, as does the hardware.

Is it 984LL or IEC?

There are at least 6 different modicon programming packages that I know of.

I can not find the problem that is slowing down communication between my touch screen and the plc, every scan or so exclamation marks pop up on the touch screen over all the screen buttons and you have to push and hold the buttons for them to activate. I"ve already checked the cable between the touch screen and the plc it is good. I don"t see any problems in the programs.I'm not 100% sure how to check the Modbus plus tees that connect the plcs to the network (modbus plus)but they seem ok.
so I was wondering if there is a way to diagnose the system with my pc.

If its a Modbus Plus network then I would suspect a bad terminator or Tee somewhere. Those white plastic tees are notorious for causing problems.

Unfortunately its tough to diagnose exactly where the problem is without opening up each tee and checking the wiring. If you had proworx (Nxt or 32) you could import the Modsoft code and get online with the plc.

Actually I do have Proworx 32 and NXT but they are demo versions and i can omly access first 25 rungs but can i still use them to troubleshoot?

You can go do a netscan and see if all of the nodes on the network are found. You dont need to open all the code to do that.

That will at least tell you if the MB+ system is intact. I'll have to fire up Proworx and see what other tools are in there.

I was able to do that and it found all plcs on the network but when I go to read from controllers it will get all the way or most of the way through the read when it goes time out error 364.

Does it do that with all the controllers on the network or just a prticular one?

If possible, you can disconnect individual controllers MB+ link until the network comes back up and start from there.
MB+ is normally a bus topology so you can isolate parts and see where the problem is.

Short of that it is very hard to track down comm problems on MB+.