Panelview1000 Enet Problem

normanam

I have a Panelview 1000 communicating with a Slc 505. The two are connected on a switch containing only the 2 devices. They operate correctly in this configuration. There are also 6 PLC 5/80 with enet sidecards on the network that are on another switch. Once I plug in the uplink from the PV switch the the PLC 5 switch communications become almost negligible. It loses status and the screen comes in and out. I have double and triple checked IP addresses and have verified that there are no conflicts. I do not understand how this is possible as the switch should direct all traffic to the SLC500 and not even go out on the rest of the network unless my programming pc is trying to go online with it.

Thanks for any help or ideas.

Well, from a recent past experience I can say that there's a quite a few problems with the ethernet PV1000. I had a similiar setup but with one 5/05 and 2 panelview. The setup worked ok but when they are connected to the plant's network (not sure how many PC, PLC on the plant's network) all heck broke loose... I started getting false indication and alarms pops up all over. I *solved* the problem by slow down the poll rate on both panelview, alot . My advise to others from now on is to avoid the ENet Panelview in general, use DH+ if all possible. Other problem encountered include errors that require a power cycle and interrupt during down/upload. AB wasn't much help since they say it's so new to the market (this was late 2001).

You might already did this... but unplug the PV and SLC and ping their IP again to check for redundency.

Good Luck.

HT

Well to everyone who has been suffering through this problem I figured it out and figured that I would let everyone know how to solve the problem. The SLC500 is set normally to only process only so many messages per scan. If you set the bit in the SLC S:33/7 to 1 and S:2/15 to 0 it will process all messages and the problem goes away. Hopefully this helps someone else that was having this problem or soon will.