Pulse out or PWM

ilhem

HI; i am new in SCL500 , i have this configuration :
CPU SCL 5/03 , output module 1746-0b32,
I want produce pulse out or PWM from OB32 module , is there any simple program for this ?
Thanks

ilhem said:
I want produce pulse out or PWM from OB32 module , is there any simple program for this ?
Thanks

If you are refering to pulse outputs used for making things flash, or blink, i use this piece of code to provide 1 Second On/Off and 0.5 Second On/Off pulsing

T4:100.TT (Timer is Timing)is 1 Sec On/Off
T4:98.TT (Timer is Timing)is 0.5 Sec On/Off

pulse_outs.jpg

Thanks for reply, i want use a PLC output for using frequence to voltage converter for driven a power supply (0-24V 1.5A)

Thanks

I don't think you can do this the way you propose unless you have some custom V/F converter I'm not familiar with.

The fastest response you can get from an OB32 is dependent on the version. the sereis D has relatively fast hardware, producing turn on delays of 0.1 msec and turn off delays of 1.0 msec. The OB32E has on and off delays of 1 and 2 msec respectively. So the D series card could get you a max symetric pulse rate of 500 Hz. The E variant would be limited to 250 Hz for a symetric pulse.

Even given this I don't believe you could get the PLC to respond that fast to control the outputs. I'm thiking even 100 Hz would be pretty ambitious.

If you could do a long cycle time proportioned output (slow speed PWM) you may have a chance. But to get any kind of resolution you would need a time period on the order of 1-2 seconds.

Keith

So i have OB32 version C , i think is not a good solution for generated a pulse out by this way , do you have a other solution?

Use an ML 1200 or 1500 using the PWM or PTO instruction, if necessary connect that with your SLC 5/03 so it can tell it what you want it to do.