RsSQL to MySQL

csdurbin

Does anyone know of a way to get RSSQL to push records to MySQL? We can get it to talk to MSSQL, but we would rather have it in MySQL.

Thanks!

C Durbin

That's part of the issue. I have a ODBC connection (System DSN) setup to connect to my MySQL database. It works correctly and I can connect to the database. There's 2 or 3 other MSSQL conenctions setup as well and RSSQL doesn't see any ODBC connections.

C.Durbin

Does RSSQL connect to MS SQL correctly?

If not it may be a connector issue.
I would run through the configuration checklist aand make sure everything is correct.

Another alternative is the OLEDB route.
RSSQL supports this type of connection too.

Have you looked at the number of MS Windows Server CALs (Client Access Licenses) required? Is it user based or connection based that you have set up versus what does the software require? I am not an expert but know that stopped me before with SQL databases using connection based licenses.

Just as a follow up; we were finally able to get RSSQL talking to MySQL through an ODBC connection. It seems to be working perfectly. It turns out we just had the data connection configured incorrectly.

Thanks for all your help!

C.Durbin

We're having a similar problem to the original poster, as we're trying to make RSSQL communicate with our MySQL database. When setting everything up in RSSQL, we are able to see the procedures stored on the MySQL database in the "ODBC Data Object Definition" window within RSSQL, but RSSQL cannot see any of the procedures' parameters. I have a feeling this may be because unlike in MSSQL, parameters in MySQL are not declared using the '@' symbol, but that's only a guess. Any suggestions :(?!

We tried getting stored procedures to work as well, but we were never successful. I don't think it's possible, like you said, due to the way parameters are defined.

C.Durbin

Albeit that wasn't what I was hoping to hear, thanks for sharing your experiences...makes me feel less incompetent :).