Retentive Memory SLC500

mcalidl,

What are you trying or not trying to do? if you set a bit it will stay that way until you unlatch/reset it

By default the 'B' file is retentive

at least on the 504's I think the 500's are the same

All memory in an AB PLC is retentive. It is the instruction that is used that will determine how the bit acts on power up or when going to run. Bits addressed by OTE instructions, non retentive timers, etc are reset during the prescan.

In our process we are reading in a part# from a camera system. I am wondering if a power failure, how can I retain the part# I have already read in.

mcalidl said:
In our process we are reading in a part# from a camera system. I am wondering if a power failure, how can I retain the part# I have already read in.

What file is the part number in? is it a interger? float?

Unless you have logic in your program that over writes the value in the address where the part number is stored on the first scan then the part number will still be there. Nothing changes in memory unless you tell it to change.